AccessHealth is a private, not-for-profit community health center established in the community in 1975. We provide quality health care services for the entire family as a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with membership in the Texas Association of Community Health Centers.
We are always looking for dedicated, talented professionals willing to share their hearts with those we serve. Being part of our team means performing to a higher standard. AccessHealth's providers, employees, volunteers and board members will collaborate with patients, their families and other community organizations to enable patients to achieve a personal state of wellness. We address our patient's physical, social, and psychological needs through the offering of high quality services with compassion, competence and integrity.
As our Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for providing assistance to our LVN, RN or provider's with normal routine of the clinic activities. You will be required to follow the healthcare universal precautions at all times. As a Medical Assistant, you may be assigned to any of AccessHealth Centers in order to ensure exceptional patient care services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directs patients to available exam room.
2. Records patients' chief complaints regarding the reason for the clinic visit.
3. Obtains and records vital signs.
4. Maintain accurate and confidential records.
5. Assists providers with examination and treatments as directed. Performs waived lab test and/or assists with procedures as directed by provider.
6. May assist with translation as needed. This includes verbal and written.
7. Obtains needed supplies and “shared” equipment as requested by provider.
8. Ensures rooms are stocked and prepared for patient visit. Assist with maintaining and ordering medical supplies as assigned.
9. Discharges patients and provides patients with information as defined by provider. Schedule appointments as directed.
10. Performs phlebotomy duties as required by clinic site or as necessary.
11. Ensures all areas of the clinic are clean and orderly.
12. Participates in quality assurance and performance improvement activities as assigned.
13. Participates in the cleaning, packaging, and autoclaving of instruments as assigned. Complete required documentation.
14. Prepares reminder cards.
15. Comply with all company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
16. Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
1. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
2. High school diploma or GED.
3. One year work experience, preferably in the health field.
4. Ability to work with people of all socioeconomic levels.
5. Bilingual ability preferred, but not required.
6. Certification in Phlebotomy preferred, but not required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High ethical standards.
2. Well-organized and self-directed.
3. Team player.
4. Ability to relate to people at all levels in the organization.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
7. Consumer advocate for quality health care and services.
8. Ability to handle multiple projects.
AccessHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: AccessHealth is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at AccessHealth are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. AccessHealth will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. AccessHealth encourages applicants of all ages.